A crochet flower crown is the perfect spring accessory and so much fun to make! There are so many opportunities to customize this project exactly as you like it. Try it with a handful of colorful flowers and crochet leaves, as pictured OR pack the entire headband full of many flowers. Try it in multi-color yarns or make all of the crochet components in a single color. The look and style is up to you!
Related Post: Crocheted Flower Bouquet Tutorial
Materials for Crochet Flower Crown
Gather all the materials you’ll need to create this fun crochet flower crown! To make this project as pictured you will need:
- Hawthorne Yarns (we used Hawthorne Tonal Hand Paint and Hawthorne Kettle Dye)
- Crochet Hook
- About 20 inches of .25-.5″ elastic (adjust length according to head size)
- Sewing needle and thread
- Crochet pattern for flowers and leaves (we used the Flower Garden Scarf pattern)
Make Crochet Flower Crown
There are many ways to create a flower crown! Here are the specific instructions for the flower crown we created for WeCrochet Magazine, Issue 2! If you’re looking for other ways to use crochet flowers, be sure to grab a copy of the latest issue!
- Begin by crocheting 5 flowers from your chosen flower pattern in a range of coordinating colors.
- Crochet 2 leaves to place at the edges of the flowers.
- Block flowers and leaves so they lay flat. Find all the tools you need for blocking in our Basic Blocking Kit
- Use needle and thread to sew your elastic band into a headband.
- Use needle and thread to attach crochet flowers and leaves to your elastic band.
Get WeCrochet Magazine, Issue 2!
If you love crochet flowers, you’ll want to order a copy of WeCrochet Magazine, Issue 2! The issue is packed full of patterns and projects inspired by Spring blooms and other fun spring things. You’ll also find an article on 10 ways to use a crochet flower!
Share your crochet flower crown with the crochet community! Post pictures with #WeCrochet on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Ravelry!