About the Clean Sweep Rug
Get ready for some spring cleaning with this stunning rug in many colors designed by Katy Petersen from KT and the Squid (@ktandthesquid)! The Clean Sweep Rug uses worsted yarn and can be made as a rectangle or circle and in multiple sizes.
Get the Clean Sweep Rug pattern.
Choose your Yarn:
While we recommend Brava Worsted for this project (so many colors, hard-wearing and washable, and you can’t beat the price), this is also a great opportunity to clean out your stash and use colors you have on hand. Pick many colors or stripe just a few; the choice is up to you!
What color palette do you prefer?
- Cool tones (blues and greens, white)
- Warm tones (reds, oranges, yellow, purple, cream)
- Neutrals (Grays, white and black, or browns, tans and cream)
- Retro (brown, orange, yellow, red, purple, with a dash of pink)
- Bright (classic rainbow in various shades: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple)
- Pastels (lighter, softer colors like pink, mint, sky blue, lavender)
- Insert your own color palette idea here!
How to Join the Crochet Along:
To participate in the Clean Sweep Rug Crochet Along, join and post here:
- WeCrochet Family on Facebook
- WeCrochet Group on Ravelry
- Follow along on Instagram using #WeCrochetCAL and #CleanSweepRugCal
- Comment here on the blog!
April 1: Gather yarn from your stash or pick your favorite colors in Brava and place an order.
May 13: Aim to be about halfway through your selected size by this point.
May 27: Post another round of pictures on social and admire everyone else’s color selections.
June 10: Finish up that project!
June 24: Post pictures of your final project in your home for everyone to admire.
We hope you’ll join us!